Prep 20 mins
Cook 13 mins
This was a new cookie for the Christmas cookie trays this year and it was a hit. You can dip them in chocolate to make them even more decadent.
- 1 cup pecans, toasted and coarsely chopped (measure after toasting)
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 2⁄3 light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 ounces milk chocolate or 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
- Toast pecans at 350 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes or until browned and fragrant.
- Mix the floour and salt together in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, beat the butter and sugar together with a mixer until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the vanilla extract.
- Add the flour mixture, mixing only until incorporated.
- Stir in the chopped pecans.
- Form into small balls (3/4" - 1") and flatten slightly.
- Bake for 13 to 15 minutes until the cookies are a deep brown color. Cook on a wire rack.
- Dip or drizzle chocolate on cooled cookies if desired.