- 4 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 cup pecans, ground
- 1 lb butter, room temp
- 2 1⁄2 cups light brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine flour and pecans.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar.
- Beat in the vanilla extract.
- Gradually stir in the dry ingredients. The dough will be stiff.
- Pinch off walnut size pieces of dough and roll into small balls.
- Place the balls 1-1/2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Flatten the cookies with the back of a spoon dipped in flour.
- Back for 10 to 12 minutes until lightly colored.
- Transfer onto wire racks to cool.