- 1 lb white pearl onion
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, coursely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the onions in boiling salted water for 15-20 minutes until tender. Drain.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter and blend in flour and salt.
- Add the milk all at once, then cook and stir until mixture thickens and bubbles.
- Remove from heat and stir in sherry.
- Add onions and heat through.
- Top with pecans and serve.