Recipe by Sherri at the Beach
Sometimes you just need a little something to go with that morning coffee. These are great when company comes and doesn't all get up at the same time.
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 8 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, cold
- 1 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- confectioners' sugar (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together first four ingredients in large bowl.
- Cut butter into flour until very small pieces.
- Stir in pecans.
- Mix eggs in milk and dump into flour, mix well but only as needed to form small clumps of dough.
- Dump onto floured surface and knead gently 10 or so times to ensure flaky layers.
- Roll out to about 1/2 inch thick and cut into triangles.
- Brush off excess flour and bake on parchment lined sheet at 425 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until light golden color.
- If desired mix some confectioner sugar with water to create a glaze and drizzle over scones.