These are light sandies, they almost melt in your mouth. This recipe makes a bunch, perfect for pot luck or Christmas cookie platters. You can add semi or white chocolate chips to mix it up.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, vegetable oil, 1 cup of white/granulated sugar and confectioners sugar until smooth.
- Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Add vanilla. Stir until blended.
- Combine flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt.
- Stir into the creamed mixture. Mix until completely blended.
- Mix in the pecans.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls and roll each ball in remaining white sugar.
- Place cookies 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet. (you may top each cookie with a pecan half if you like).
- Bake for 11 to 13 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the edges are golden.
- Remove from cookies sheet to cool on wire racks.