1/1 Photo of Pecan Sandies - Melt in Your Mouth
Missy Wright's Note:
These are light sandies, they almost melt in your mouth. This recipe makes a bunch, perfect for pot luck or Christmas cookie platters. You can add semi or white chocolate chips to mix it up.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2In a large bowl, cream together the butter, vegetable oil, 1 cup of white/granulated sugar and confectioners sugar until smooth.
- 3Beat in eggs one at a time.
- 4Add vanilla. Stir until blended.
- 5Combine flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt.
- 6Stir into the creamed mixture. Mix until completely blended.
- 7Mix in the pecans.
- 8Roll dough into 1 inch balls and roll each ball in remaining white sugar.
- 9Place cookies 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet. (you may top each cookie with a pecan half if you like).
- 10Bake for 11 to 13 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the edges are golden.
- 11Remove from cookies sheet to cool on wire racks.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pecan Sandies - Melt in Your Mouth
Serving Size: 1 (1701 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1734.3
- Calories from Fat 1032
- Total Fat 114.6 g
- Saturated Fat 32.4 g
- Cholesterol 172.0 mg
- Sodium 1072.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 166.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.8 g
- Sugars 85.5 g
- Protein 17.2 g