Recipe by grandma2969
The name says it all..just the very best!
Top Review by Olive*
This is a really good pecan sandie cookie and it turned out well. I did have a bit of trouble following the recipe, but I think I was able to decipher it. A couple of examples are: in the ingredients, the recipe calls for a large egg and in the description it says to add the yolk. I added the whole egg. In the recipe it also said to beat the mixture for 25-30 minutes, which I think the chef meant to say "seconds". However, the end results of the cookie were very good. Thank you for sharing this recipe, grandma2969! It is a keeper. I will be making this cookie again!
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup tbsps chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened but still firm
- 1⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 6 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together flour, salt and cinnamon in medium bowl.
- Pulse 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp pecans in food processor until fine. Nuts should be dry and fluffy. (Do not over process or nuts will become damp and oily).
- Stir ground pecans and remaining 1/2 cup chopped nuts into flour mixture; set aside.
- Either by hand or electric mixer, cream together butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Beat in yolk until incorporated, about 20 seconds.
- Add flour mixture and mix on low speed until dough just comes together, 25-30 minutes.
- Roll dough on work surface into log measuring about 8" inches long and 2" thick.
- Wrap log in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 2 hours or up to 3 days. Dough can be frozen up to 1 month.
- Wrap log in plastic and then foil before freezing.
- Adjust oven racks to upper and lower middle positions.
- Heat oven to 325°F.
- Unwrap dough log, and with sharp knife, cut dough into 3/8" thick slices.
- Place slices on ungreased cookie sheet, spacing them about 1/2-1" apart.
- Bake, reversing positions halfway through baking time, until edges begin to brown, 16-18 minutes.
- Cool cookies on cookie sheets for 2 minutes, then transfer to cooling rack with wide spatula.