I hate fish and thought this tasted pretty good, for fish. The fish lovers at the table raved so I thought I'd share!
- 1 cup honey
- 1 cup Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil, you might need a touch more
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 6 (6 ounce) salmon fillets, boned and skinned
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh white pepper
- 3 cups pecans, measure then finely grind
- 1 cup chopped pecan pieces
- olive oil or light olive oil (for cooking)
- 12 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 1 (14 -28 ounce) can mandarin orange segments, drained and chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl combine the honey, mustard, oil and lemon juice.
- Whisk well.
- Remove 1/3 cup-cover and set aside the 2/3 cup.
- Lightly coat salmon filets with the honey-mustard glaze, then coat with the ground pecans.
- Repeat until all filets are prepared.
- Place 1 T. olive oil a medium oven proof pan over medium heat.
- Cook filets 2-3 minutes on each side, turning carefully and only once to lightly brown both sides.
- Place in preheated oven and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile place 2 cups of mixed salad green's on each of 6 plates.
- Divide the tomatoes and oranges evenly between plates.
- Remove fish and place one filet on each of the salad beds.
- Drizzle with remaining dressing and sprinkle with the chopped pecan pieces.
Dear Salad, "If being right means being without you, I'd rather live a wrong doing right" or something like dat.
Incredibly good! It's like if the dressing has wasabi in it.