Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
My family loves this recipe. I have to make it every Thanksgiving for them.
- 2 (907.18 g) stale bread
- 709.77 ml chopped onions
- 946.36 ml celery
- 236.59 ml butter or 236.59 ml margarine, melted
- 118.29 ml ground pecans (or coarsely chopped)
- 7.39 ml salt
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 2.46 ml rubbed sage
- 828.06 ml hot chicken broth or 828.06 ml turkey broth
- Place several slices of bread in electric processor or blender.
- Process until finely crumbled.
- Repeat until all bread is crumbled.
- Sauté onion and celery in butter until tender.
- Place in a large mixing bowl.
- Add crumbs and remaining ingredients; mix well.
- Spoon into well greased 13x9x2-inch baking dish.
- Bake at 325°F for 40-45 minutes or until thoroughly heated.