Recipe by Aroostook
This uses a yellow cake mix and vanilla pudding. This cake will look as if you slaved for hours to make it...=)
Top Review by Marilyn in Galveston Katz
I used this basic recipe with 2 improvisions....vodka instead of rum, and pistachio pudding mix instead of vanilla. It made a beautiful cake with a rich pound-cake texture and was delicious!
- 1 yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 package vanilla pudding mix
- 1⁄2 cup rum
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup rum
- 1 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Grease well a bundt cake pan.
- Dust well with flour or cocoa.
- Sprinkle nuts on bottom of pan.
- Mix cake ingredients together.
- Pour batter over pecans.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes.
- Be sure you have the glaze hot and ready when cake comes out of the oven as both must be hot.
- Glaze: Put all ingredients in a sauce pan and heat until boiling.
- Boil for 2 minutes.
- No longer.
- Pour glaze around the outside edges of the cake as soon as it comes out of the oven.
- Let stand for 20 minutes and remove from pan.