Recipe by Chicagopm
I haven't tried this recipe but thought that it looked like a cookie tray candidate.
Top Review by J-Lynn
Oh yeah! These are sooo good! And not as difficult as it may sound... After a little practice I realized I didn't need flour for rolling the dough around the candy. I scooped dough with my small 1 1/4 inch cookie scoop, which was the perfect size. I didn't use any nuts, but pressed the top of the little dough balls into chocolate sprinkles. I actually got 6 dozen cookies! But there were only 56 Rolos in the package.. so I added Heath pieces to the remaining dough! Both are delicious! This is a nice dough to work with! Without the Rolo in the center, the cookies are flatter but stay chewy.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup butter
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 (9 ounce) package Rolo chocolates, unwrapped (48)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream 1 cup sugar, brown sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, cocoa and baking soda.
- In a third bowl, mix 1/2 cup chopped pecans and 1 tablespoon sugar.
- Add eggs and vanilla to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Add flour mixture to creamed mixture and blend well.
- Stir in 1/2 cup chopped pecans (not pecan-sugar mixture).
- With floured hands, wrap 1 tablespoon of dough around a Rolo.
- Press one side of dough ball into pecans-sugar mixture.
- Place (sugar side up) on ungreased cookie sheet 2-inches apart.
- Bake at 375° for 7-10 minutes or until slightly cracked.
- Makes 4 dozen.