Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
I haven't tried this recipe but thought that it looked like a cookie tray candidate.
Make and share this Pecan Rolo Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- Cream 1 cup sugar, brown sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, cocoa and baking soda.
- In a third bowl, mix 1/2 cup chopped pecans and 1 tablespoon sugar.
- Add eggs and vanilla to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Add flour mixture to creamed mixture and blend well.
- Stir in 1/2 cup chopped pecans (not pecan-sugar mixture).
- With floured hands, wrap 1 tablespoon of dough around a Rolo.
- Press one side of dough ball into pecans-sugar mixture.
- Place (sugar side up) on ungreased cookie sheet 2-inches apart.
- Bake at 375° for 7-10 minutes or until slightly cracked.
- Makes 4 dozen.
Oh yeah! These are sooo good! And not as difficult as it may sound... After a little practice I realized I didn't need flour for rolling the dough around the candy. I scooped dough with my small 1 1/4 inch cookie scoop, which was the perfect size. I didn't use any nuts, but pressed the top of the little dough balls into chocolate sprinkles. I actually got 6 dozen cookies! But there were only 56 Rolos in the package.. so I added Heath pieces to the remaining dough! Both are delicious! This is a nice dough to work with! Without the Rolo in the center, the cookies are flatter but stay chewy.
Made for my Christmas cookie baskets. Big hit with my kids!
Just plain awesome cookies right here! Kids went nuts for these. The cookie jar was empty in no time! Next time I will double the recipe and there WILL be a next time! Into my favorites it goes so I don't lose it.