Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
Got this recipe from a South Louisiana Bed and Breakfast. For the holidays.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 lbs crayfish tails, cooked
- 2 cups cooked long-grain rice
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, cut into pieces
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons creole seasoning (low salt version is ok)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- chopped fresh parsley
- Cook vegetables, ground beef, and garlic in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat 10 minutes, until beef is no longer pink.
- Stir in crawfish and next 6 ingredients, and cook until thoroughly heated.
- Spoon dressing mixture into a lightly greased 13x9 inch baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Sprinkle with parsley.