Prep 25 mins
Cook 35 mins
Prepare the night before and bake in the morning and you will have more time to spend with your family at breakfast. Fabulous dish from the Jones Sausage Co!
- 1 (8 ounce) package sausage, patties
- 1 loaf raisin bread (16 oz)
- 6 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Prepare 13 x 9 glass baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Cube raisin bread and place in baking dish.
- Brown sausage, drain and cut into bite size pieces.
- Mix with bread in baking dish.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs, milk, half and half, vanilla, nutmeg and cinnamon until blended.
- Pour over bread and sausage.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 8 hours or overnite.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all topping ingredients and spoon over top of casserole.
- Bake uncovered for 35 to 40 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
This was wonderful! I suggest putting a cookie sheet under the 9x13 while baking.