Recipe by rosie316
This bread variation stems from my dear friend, Pammy's original Pecan Raisin Rye that uses wheat and rye flours. She attempted altering her original recipe using gluten free ingredients for another friend of ours, and it turned out moist and tender. Prep time includes over night resting time. I hope you enjoy her gluten-free version. Posted in Pammy's memory.
- 5 1⁄2 ounces kaf gluten free all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup cool water
- 1⁄8 teaspoon instant yeast
- 2 cups buckwheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons instant yeast
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons butter (room temp)
- 1 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together the KAF flour, 1/2 c cool water and 1/8 tsp instant yeast. Let sit on counter overnight (up to 20 hours).
- The next day, in a large stand mixer, mix all ingredients and beat the heck out of it for a few minutes. (I would add the raisins and pecans toward the end of mixing).
- Scrape out the batter into an 8" round cake pan, cover with a greased plastic wrap and let sit for 30-45 minutes. Place pan into a COLD oven and set oven to 350*F. Bake for 1 hour, turning half way through.
- Cool completely before cutting.