Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
This recipe uses Muirhead Pecan Pumpkin Butter available at Williams-Sonoma. Love this bread! The whole house smells like spice while baking. Enjoy!
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) jar pumpkin butter (Muirhead)
- 3⁄4 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 3 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup raisins
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix pumpkin, sugar, water, oil and eggs.
- Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, baking powder, nutmeg and cloves.
- Add dry ingredients to pumpkin mixture, mix until smooth.
- Add pecans and raisins (optional).
- Grease and flour two 9 x 5 inch loaf pans.
- Divide batter between the two pans.
- Bake for 65-70 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 15 minutes, then remove from pans.
- Serve with cream cheese (I like Honey Nut).