Prep 10 mins
Cook 360 hrs
A healthy muffin for a quick breakfast, from Cooking Light.
- 236.59 ml all-bran cereal
- 295.73 ml fat-free buttermilk
- 236.59 ml all-purpose flour
- 78.07 ml granulated sugar
- 29.58 ml granulated sugar
- 14.79 ml baking powder
- 12.32 ml ground cinnamon
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 1.23 ml salt
- 236.59 ml pumpkin puree, canned
- 29.58 ml canola oil
- 2 egg whites
- 14.79 ml vanilla extract
- 59.14 ml pecans, chopped
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly coat muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine bran cereal and buttermilk in a medium bowl; stir until moistened. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine flour, 1/3 cup sugar, baking powder, 2 tsp of the cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Mix until well blended.
- Add pumpkin, oil, egg whites, and vanilla to bran mixture. Stir until well blended. Add pumpkin mixture to flour mixture and stir just until blended. Do not overmix.
- Spoon mixture evenly into muffin cups. Sprinkle chopped pecans over tops. Combine remaining 2 tsp sugar with 1/2 tsp cinnamon in a bowl. Sprinkle evenly over muffins.
- Bake 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out almost clean. Cool in pan on wire rack for 5 minutes. Carefully remove muffinsfrom pan to rack and cool completely. Store muffins covered in refrigerator or freezer.