Pecan Pumpkin Bran Muffins
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly coat muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine bran cereal and buttermilk in a medium bowl; stir until moistened. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine flour, 1/3 cup sugar, baking powder, 2 tsp of the cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Mix until well blended.
- Add pumpkin, oil, egg whites, and vanilla to bran mixture. Stir until well blended. Add pumpkin mixture to flour mixture and stir just until blended. Do not overmix.
- Spoon mixture evenly into muffin cups. Sprinkle chopped pecans over tops. Combine remaining 2 tsp sugar with 1/2 tsp cinnamon in a bowl. Sprinkle evenly over muffins.
- Bake 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out almost clean. Cool in pan on wire rack for 5 minutes. Carefully remove muffinsfrom pan to rack and cool completely. Store muffins covered in refrigerator or freezer.