Prep 10 mins
Cook 360 hrs
A healthy muffin for a quick breakfast, from Cooking Light.
Make and share this Pecan Pumpkin Bran Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup all-bran cereal
- 1 1⁄4 cups fat-free buttermilk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pumpkin puree, canned
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly coat muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine bran cereal and buttermilk in a medium bowl; stir until moistened. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine flour, 1/3 cup sugar, baking powder, 2 tsp of the cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Mix until well blended.
- Add pumpkin, oil, egg whites, and vanilla to bran mixture. Stir until well blended. Add pumpkin mixture to flour mixture and stir just until blended. Do not overmix.
- Spoon mixture evenly into muffin cups. Sprinkle chopped pecans over tops. Combine remaining 2 tsp sugar with 1/2 tsp cinnamon in a bowl. Sprinkle evenly over muffins.
- Bake 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out almost clean. Cool in pan on wire rack for 5 minutes. Carefully remove muffinsfrom pan to rack and cool completely. Store muffins covered in refrigerator or freezer.