Serve these piping hot with butter and honey. Yum!
Make and share this Pecan Pumpkin Biscuits recipe from Food.com.
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in pecans.
- Combine pumpkin and cream; stir into dry ingredients.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead four to six times.
- Roll to 1/2-in. thickness; cut with a 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter.
- Place on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
These are really delicious. I replaced 1/2 a cup of white flour with whole wheat flour and used 1/4 cup (-1 tbs) of a healthier margarine and 1/4 cup (+1 tbs) of unsweetened applesauce. The sugar became Splenda, I used a tsp of pumpkin pie spice . These biscuits came out perfect. They are tall and moist with marvelous texture and taste that is not to sweet. The pecans are an ideal addition. With canned pumpkin always available these will be a welcome treat all year round.