Recipe by Juenessa
Serve these piping hot with butter and honey. Yum!
Top Review by Annacia
These are really delicious. I replaced 1/2 a cup of white flour with whole wheat flour and used 1/4 cup (-1 tbs) of a healthier margarine and 1/4 cup (+1 tbs) of unsweetened applesauce. The sugar became Splenda, I used a tsp of pumpkin pie spice . These biscuits came out perfect. They are tall and moist with marvelous texture and taste that is not to sweet. The pecans are an ideal addition. With canned pumpkin always available these will be a welcome treat all year round.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup cold butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 2⁄3 cup canned pumpkin (or cooked)
- 1⁄3 cup half-and-half cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in pecans.
- Combine pumpkin and cream; stir into dry ingredients.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead four to six times.
- Roll to 1/2-in. thickness; cut with a 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter.
- Place on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.