Recipe by Kikimony
Light as a cloud and heavenly cookie!
Top Review by Sassy_cat
I think the problem isn't with the brown sugar but with the directions, in all of the meringue recipes that I have you add the sugar one Tablespoon at a time. If it is added to quickly the meringue will fall. Give it a try and see it that help.
- 3 egg whites
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl beat egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add sugar, beating until stiff peaks form (5-8 minutes).
- Fold in vanilla and pecans.
- Drop by well-rounded teaspoonfuls onto greased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 200 degrees for 50-55 minutes or until firm to the touch.
- Store in airtight container.