Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
One of our family favorite cookies for the holidays-- these are sooo melt-in-your-mouth delicious! These cookies go by many different names. If you desire, you may sub walnuts or hazelnuts for the pecans. I hope you enjoy!!!
- 1 cup butter
- 4 tablespoons powdered sugar (heaping)
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups pecans, ground (or very finely chopped)
- powdered sugar, for rolling cookies in
- Cream butter, add sugar and remaining ingredients.
- Roll into small balls, and place on cookie sheet.
- Bake in 325 F oven for 30 minutes.
- Roll balls into powdered sugar when hot, and again when cool.
- Note: These cookies taste best when thoroughly cooled (ie best served the next day--if you can wait!).
These are amazing. I normally make them around christmas time for parties and they go fast! I don't really chop the pecans because you can't taste them. It tastes better with big chunks of pecans. Also be careful when rolling them in the powdered sugar. I put the sugar in a bowl and rolled them one or two at a time because they will break up.
These were really good! I think I must have used more pecans because they were more "pecanny" than I expected. But they were still great cookies and I am going to make them again and again as they are a favorite of our family and are great cookies.
What a treasure, so easy to make, I would even say foolproof. I used walnuts as that is what I had but only 1 cup and they still tasted & looked like they came from a specialty shop. Next time I will try with the right amount of pecans but not sure there is much room for improvement. Thanks so much for this wonderful recipe.