Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
One of our family favorite cookies for the holidays-- these are sooo melt-in-your-mouth delicious! These cookies go by many different names. If you desire, you may sub walnuts or hazelnuts for the pecans. I hope you enjoy!!!
- 1 cup butter
- 4 tablespoons powdered sugar (heaping)
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups pecans, ground (or very finely chopped)
- powdered sugar, for rolling cookies in
- Cream butter, add sugar and remaining ingredients.
- Roll into small balls, and place on cookie sheet.
- Bake in 325 F oven for 30 minutes.
- Roll balls into powdered sugar when hot, and again when cool.
- Note: These cookies taste best when thoroughly cooled (ie best served the next day--if you can wait!).
These are amazing. I normally make them around christmas time for parties and they go fast! I don't really chop the pecans because you can't taste them. It tastes better with big chunks of pecans. Also be careful when rolling them in the powdered sugar. I put the sugar in a bowl and rolled them one or two at a time because they will break up.
I made these for my cookie trays this year. My mom use to make them and so I thought I'd give it a try. Very easy to do. The only time consuming thing is rolling them in the sugar while they are still warm. I did end up putting less on the baking sheet the second batch, so they would be good and warm for the sugar "bath." Very good recipe. Thanks for sharing!
These were really good! I think I must have used more pecans because they were more "pecanny" than I expected. But they were still great cookies and I am going to make them again and again as they are a favorite of our family and are great cookies.