Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is one of the Zaar recipes that I adopted. I hope to make this soon as it looks like a dish my family would enjoy. I’ll edit the recipe for stove/oven preparation instead of microwave.
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1⁄3 cup dark corn syrup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons unbleached flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, Chopped
- powdered sugar
- In a 15-ounce custard cup microwave the butter or margarine, uncovered, on 100% power for 30 to 40 seconds or just till melted.
- Swirl the butter in the custard cup, coating sides and bottom.
- Pour the excess butter from the custard cup into the beaten egg.
- Stir in the dark corn syrup and vanilla.
- Stir together flour and baking powder.
- Stir flour mixture into egg mixture.
- Gently fold in chopped pecans.
- Pour the pecan mixture into the buttered 15-ounce custard cup.
- Micro-cook, uncovered, on 50% power for 3 to 4 minutes or till the pecan mixture is just set, rotating the custard cup a half-turn every minute.
- Sift a little powdered sugar atop.
- Serve warm with light cream, if desired.