Recipe by Malriah
Southern decadence at it finest! These are enough to make a New Orleans native like me homesick. Cook time includes cooling time. Recipe from Foodtv.com (but its almost as good as MawMaw's recipe)
Top Review by Darlene Summers
Made these at Christmas for my Christmas trays. Yummy!!! Made them as the recipe says,changed nothing,and will make them again without changing anything!!!They were wonderful. Thanks for a great recipe! Darlene Summers
- 1 cup pecans
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar, plus
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon Bourbon (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Spread the pecans on a cookie sheet and place in the oven for 3 minutes.
- Stir and bake for 3 more minutes (Watch them closely so the don't get over toasted).
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Fit a heavy-bottomed saucepan with a candy thermometer.
- Over high heat, cook the cream, butter and brown sugar to 240 degrees (soft ball).
- If necessary, stir once to help dissolve the sugar.
- Remove from the heat and let sit for 15 seconds.
- CAREFULLY stir in the vanilla, bourbon, and toasted pecans.
- (It might spit and sputter) Stir until the mixture looks creamy and slightly thickened.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheet.
- Cool for 20 minutes.