Southern decadence at it finest! These are enough to make a New Orleans native like me homesick. Cook time includes cooling time. Recipe from Foodtv.com (but its almost as good as MawMaw's recipe)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Spread the pecans on a cookie sheet and place in the oven for 3 minutes.
- Stir and bake for 3 more minutes (Watch them closely so the don't get over toasted).
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Fit a heavy-bottomed saucepan with a candy thermometer.
- Over high heat, cook the cream, butter and brown sugar to 240 degrees (soft ball).
- If necessary, stir once to help dissolve the sugar.
- Remove from the heat and let sit for 15 seconds.
- CAREFULLY stir in the vanilla, bourbon, and toasted pecans.
- (It might spit and sputter) Stir until the mixture looks creamy and slightly thickened.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheet.
- Cool for 20 minutes.
Made these at Christmas for my Christmas trays. Yummy!!! Made them as the recipe says,changed nothing,and will make them again without changing anything!!!They were wonderful. Thanks for a great recipe! Darlene Summers
Excellent recipe. I even did it the old fashioned way - with water to test - couldn't find my candy thermometer - and it still turned out fine. Thanks for posting.
These are PERFECT!!! I am a mexican food fan from birth (practically). If I could hug you I would! These are so easy, and taste FABULOUS!! Thank you for sharing with us!