Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
I was doing a project on cajun and creole food, so I invested in some help from Susan Merrick who owns and operates cajun-country-foods.com. She helped me out with these recipes!! So I want to thank her!
- Butter a jelly-roll pan.
- In a large heavy saucepan combine the brown sugar, sugar, milk, butter, and vanilla and stir until blended. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat.
- Continue boiling until a candy thermometer registers 238 degrees F., or the candy reaches the soft ball stage.
- Remove from heat, add the pecans, and beat well with a wooden spoon for no more than 1 minute.
- Immediately pour the candy onto the buttered jelly-roll pan. Let the candy stand for 1 hour, or until it has cooled (dried).
- Break the candy in pieces and store the pralines in an airtight container.
What a great and "Easy" way to make Pralines!This might be bad, because I'll make them more often now! :-)Also never used condensed milk before. Great recipe!