Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I just watched Paula make these on t.v. and can't wait to try them.
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole pecans
- Combine all ingredients except the pecans in a heavy saucepan. Over medium heat stir mixture until it comes to a boil. Turn heat down to medium-low and continue to stir. Spoon mixture up on sides of pan to melt any sugar that hasn't melted.
- Cook until mixture reaches 238 to 241 degrees F. on a candy thermometer or soft ball stage.
- Stir in the pecans. Remove from heat.
- Stir until the mixture begins to thicken and becomes creamy and cloudy.
- Drop onto parchment paper, buttered pan or buttered marble slab, using a spoon or ice cream scoop. Let cool.