Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Fat free milk & fat freesugar free pudding reduce the calories just a bit...enough so that you have a good excuse to try one!
- 1 (3 ounce) packagecook & serve fat-free sugar-free vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon light margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecan halves
- Combine pudding mix, sugars, & milk in large pan & cook, stirring constantly, over medium heat until mixture is thick and changes color, or until a ball forms when dropped in water. Remove from heat.
- Add margarine, vanilla, & pecans.
- Return to heat & stir until thick.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto waxed paper to cool.
These tasted great! The only problem I had with these is that I think there should be a temperture. I think 'until a ball forms' is just too vague (and I'm a rather experienced cook). I cooked it until I thought it was done - the color change and thickening - and they were way overdone. They were still really delicious, but they weren't that pretty and had a different texture. I used a candy thermometer, but even those temps are varied for soft ball, firm ball and hard ball. Oh well, they still dissapeared in one night! Thank you!