Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
These are a huge favorite of my family. I have been making them for years and they are always a hit.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 5 tablespoons vanilla
- 1 cup pecans
- Cook everything over medium heat to 240°F on a candy thermometer.
- Remove from heat and beat till it starts to thicken. This takes a while, so you have to have good arms!
- Drop by large spoonfuls onto wax paper.
- Cool and wrap individually in plastic wrap or store in an airtight container.
These were extremely disappointing. I followed the directions carefully and heated the mixture up to 240° with my candy thermometer. It took about 1/2 hour for the mixture to cool down enough for me to spoon it out onto parchment paper. The pralines tasted so sugary as if the sugar never did dissolve. I also think 5 tablespoons of vanilla is overkill. Way too much. I'm going to move on from this recipe to try another as these just do not fit the bill.
I mcade this for my family and forgot to rate it. It is fantastic. I have shared the recipe with both my daughters and mom. Thank you so much for sharing this with us all.
I made these a few hours ago for my 7 children and husband.They were very easy and fantastic!!I didnt have a candy thermometer but i used the soft ball test and it worked out great!I'll be using this recipe for the up and coming holidays!Thanks a bunch!!