Recipe by DarleneG
These are a huge favorite of my family. I have been making them for years and they are always a hit.
Top Review by Patsy L.
These were extremely disappointing. I followed the directions carefully and heated the mixture up to 240° with my candy thermometer. It took about 1/2 hour for the mixture to cool down enough for me to spoon it out onto parchment paper. The pralines tasted so sugary as if the sugar never did dissolve. I also think 5 tablespoons of vanilla is overkill. Way too much. I'm going to move on from this recipe to try another as these just do not fit the bill.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 5 tablespoons vanilla
- 1 cup pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook everything over medium heat to 240°F on a candy thermometer.
- Remove from heat and beat till it starts to thicken. This takes a while, so you have to have good arms!
- Drop by large spoonfuls onto wax paper.
- Cool and wrap individually in plastic wrap or store in an airtight container.