Recipe by 2Bleu
This is a wonderful caramel/butterscotch type sauce that is wonderful served over a dish of ice cream, sliced bananas, french toast for A Complete Breakfast in Bed for the One You Love, and delicious on a warm slice of fruit pie, especially apple pie! For an adult treat, add a shot of rum when incorporating the pecans. Endless possibilites!
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Made this recipe as given but without the optional rum, & we had it atop frozen vanilla yogurt! Absolutely delicious & a definite keeper of a recipe, for sure! Now I'm looking forward to having it over some plain ol' homemade apple pie, as this next week we're taking off half a day to go to our favorite local apple-growing area! Thanks so much for sharing this recipe! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
- 59.14 ml butter
- 59.14 ml brown sugar
- 44.37 ml whipping cream
- 14.79 ml vanilla extract
- 236.59 ml pecans, chopped (coarse or fine is up to you)
- 1 fluid ounce rum (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter over medium heat in a small pan. Stir in brown sugar, whipping cream and vanilla.
- Cook and stir until it reaches a full boil then reduce heat and boil gently for three minutes stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and stir in chopped pecans (and shot of rum if serving the adult version). Serve warm.