Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
I've fiddled around with various recipes and came up with this one. It's a very rich and buttery sauce. DO NOT look at the calorie and fat content..lol We like this served over bread pudding and it is wonderful over vanilla ice cream.
- 8 ounces unsalted butter (2 sticks)
- 2 cups packed dark brown sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup (Karo)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups pecan halves
- In large heavy saucepan heat butter over low heat until melted.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to boil over medium high heat.
- Turn heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring often.
- Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.