Recipe by JamesDean'sGirl
This recipe was printed in today's local paper--brown sugar cookies topped with pecans and a caramel icing. Mmmm...;)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 2⁄3 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup whole pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and brown sugar until fluffy.
- Blend in the egg and vanilla.
- In another bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture, stirring just until combined.
- Shape Tbsp.
- of dough into balls; space 2" apart on lightly greased or parchment paper-lined cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until lightly browned; cool on the sheets for 10 minutes, then transfer cookies to wire racks and cool completely.
- Meanwhile, make the icing: In a small saucepan over medium heat, mix the brown sugar and heavy cream; bring to a boil.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes; remove pan from heat and stir in the powdered sugar, mixing until smooth.
- Dip the bottoms of the pecans into the icing and place 2 on each cookie; drizzle tops with more icing.