These are the ultimate pralines, so buttery and just the right texture, this is one of my family's all-time favorite cookie. (note: since there is no baking time with these cookies... prep time is thermometer cooking time plus prep time)
- Butter 2 cookie sheets, or line with wax paper.
- In a saucepan, combine sugars, cream and marshmallows.
- Cook, and stir over low heat until marshmallows are completely melted.
- Cook, over medium heat, stirring occasionally until a candy thermometer reads 234 degrees- 240 degrees (soft ball stage).
- WITHOUT stirring or scraping, pour hot liquid into another saucepan.
- Add the pecans, butter, vanilla and cinnamon.
- Stir rapidly until mixture is thickened and creamy (about 3 minutes).
- Drop quickly by rounded tablespoonfuls onto prepared pans.
- Flatten slightly.
- Let stand until set.
- Store in an airtight container.