Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
I posted a request for this then dear old MOM came through. It is just like pecan pie only it's a pizza! I hope you enjoy it as much as we do. Prep time is a "guesstimation."
- 1 pastry for double-crust pie
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups pecans, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup corn syrup (follow directions)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Roll dough out on a 14 inch pizza pan (you can use refrigerated dough; just stack the 2 and roll them out together to the 14 inch size).
- Pinch up a "rim" around the edge to keep the goodies inches.
- Mix together: eggs, butter, sugar and vanilla (NOT SYRUP).
- Stir in nuts.
- Spread nut mixture on crust.
- Drizzle corn syrup on top of mixture.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until crust is browned nicely.
- Can be sliced with a pizza cutter in wedges or as many squares as you need.