Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
These cheese logs are a great appetizer to serve at parties. My friend Maria gave me her recipe.
Make and share this Pecan/Pineapple Cheese Logs recipe from Food.com.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 (16 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped red peppers or 1⁄4 cup green pepper
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Mix the first 4 ingredients by hand until well combined.
- Form into 1 large or 2 small balls or logs.
- Chill to set and then roll in chopped pecans.
This was just okay with us - I was disappointed as I thought this sounded wonderful. I made it for our family Thanksgiving get together, but it had a strange taste. I used less than the 1/4 cup onion called for - I used red onion, very finely chopped - and somehow the flavors of the pineapple and onion did not mix very well. That could just be our individual tastes, but I don't think I will make this again using the onion - I'll skip that ingredient. Made for My 3 Chefs, Fall 2008.