Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
I have been making this pie for Thanksgiving for years. It is very simple and very sweet. Serve with whipped cream.
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 59.14 ml unsalted butter, room temperature
- 14.79 ml all-purpose flour
- 177.44 ml corn syrup
- 59.14 ml Kahlua
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 236.59 ml pecans, chopped
- 118.29 ml semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 deep dish pie shell, 9 inch
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Beat sugar and butter in medium bowl until smooth; beat in flour. Gradually beat in corn syrup, then Kahlúa and vanilla.
- Mix in eggs, then chopped pecans.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips over bottom of crust. Pour filling into crust.
- Bake pie until filling is puffed around edges and just set in center, covering edge of crust if browning too quickly, about 45 minutes.
- Transfer pie to rack and cool completely.
I cannot fault this recipe -- it is fantastic -- but I ruined the pie! I forgot to buy kahlua and didn't have any similar alcohol in the house, so I substituted 1/4 cup coffee for the kahlua. BAD idea. After an hour it was still practically liquid everywhere under the surface -- not just in the center! When I took it out of the oven, half of the pie sloshed out onto my floor. I will definitely try it again another time though b/c the cooked parts (all tiny outer edges of them) were delicious. Sigh.
This came out great. I used light corn syrup and brown sugar. I also toasted the pecans before I put them in! Perfect for my derby party.
Wonderful! I loved the little 'surprise' taste of the chocolate chips and will probably add a little more next time. Definitely a keeper. Thanks KelBel.