I have been making this pie for Thanksgiving for years. It is very simple and very sweet. Serve with whipped cream.
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Beat sugar and butter in medium bowl until smooth; beat in flour. Gradually beat in corn syrup, then Kahlúa and vanilla.
- Mix in eggs, then chopped pecans.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips over bottom of crust. Pour filling into crust.
- Bake pie until filling is puffed around edges and just set in center, covering edge of crust if browning too quickly, about 45 minutes.
- Transfer pie to rack and cool completely.