Recipe by KelBel
I have been making this pie for Thanksgiving for years. It is very simple and very sweet. Serve with whipped cream.
Top Review by sizzlingdixie
I cannot fault this recipe -- it is fantastic -- but I ruined the pie! I forgot to buy kahlua and didn't have any similar alcohol in the house, so I substituted 1/4 cup coffee for the kahlua. BAD idea. After an hour it was still practically liquid everywhere under the surface -- not just in the center! When I took it out of the oven, half of the pie sloshed out onto my floor. I will definitely try it again another time though b/c the cooked parts (all tiny outer edges of them) were delicious. Sigh.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup Kahlua
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 deep dish pie shell, 9 inch
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Beat sugar and butter in medium bowl until smooth; beat in flour. Gradually beat in corn syrup, then Kahlúa and vanilla.
- Mix in eggs, then chopped pecans.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips over bottom of crust. Pour filling into crust.
- Bake pie until filling is puffed around edges and just set in center, covering edge of crust if browning too quickly, about 45 minutes.
- Transfer pie to rack and cool completely.