My daughter found this recipe and it has become our favorite for pecan pie. I have never found any restaurant pie to beat this one.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Prepare pie crust in pie pan and have ready.
- In 3-qt. saucepan, cook maple syrup, sugar and butter over medium heat until mixture boils. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook 5 minutes longer, stirring.
- In large bowl whisk eggs until slightly beaten. Slowly whisk the hot syrup mixture into the eggs. Do not try to add the eggs to the hot syrup. Stir in vanilla.
- Place unbaked crust on cookie sheet. Place pecans in crust. Pour syrup mixture over pecans.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until filling is just set.
- Cool pie on wire rack atleast 1 hour.
- To serve, whip cream with confectioners' sugar and bourbon. Dollop onto individual pie servings.