Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
A bit like the topping off pecan pie with a brownie underneath!
- 3⁄4 cup cocoa, sifted
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups pecans or 2 cups walnuts, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and ligthly grease a large baking tin, approximately 9 x 12 inches.
- Melt the butter or margarine over low heat in a small saucepan. Add the flour and stir until smooth.
- Add the vanilla, sugar and eggs and stir constantly for 5 or so minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in nuts. Set aside.
- Mix brownie ingredients together in a large bowl. Spread into baking pan.
- Spread topping over.
- Bake for 35-40 minute Be careful not to overbake.
- Cool and cut into bars.
THESE WERE HORRIBLE! After I made a double batch for my daughter's party I tasted one and it was like cardboard. The recipe does not have any SUGAR in the brownie part. I will be much more careful in the future.