Recipe by deborahsittig
This pecan pie was pulled from a Southern magazine and I have kept it for years. I think it's the best and the extra eggs helps it from being too runny.
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 4 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup (I use 1/2 light, 1/2 dark)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (real stuff)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Unfold pie crust and press into 9 inch pie plate.
- Whisk together eggs and next 6 ingredients in a saucepan over low heat until well blended. Pour into pie crust. Sprinkle with pecans.
- Bake at 350 on lower rack for 35 minutes or until pie is set.