Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
I tried to find my version on here, but I never found one that mixed the cream cheese crust with the corn syrup filling.
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Dough: Mix cream cheese, butter and flour to form dough.
- Chill for 20 minutes.
- Divide dough into 24 sections.
- Press each dough into cooking oil sprayed mini muffin cups.
- Filling: Mix eggs, syrup, vanilla, pecans, sugar and butter.
- Pour filling to 3/4 full in each dough cup.
- Bake 25 minutes until crust is brown and filling is dark.
- Let cool to set completely.
These were delicious! However, there was way too much filling. It made 3 dozen Tassies, and there was so much left over I baked it in a 6" casserole 1" deep. I added a dash of salt to the crust and the filling. I made 1 dozen with gluten-free pastry, using 1/4 cup cream cheese, 1/4 cup butter, and 1/2 cup gluten free baking mix, and handled it the same way as regular pastry. There were just as good as regular, and just as easy.
Tasses, After looking through every single pecan pie tassies and pecan tart recipe on Recipezaar, I chose your recipe because I wanted the "pecan pie" filling too. The filling was perfect and the shortbread flaky and buttery. I will use this recipe every Christmas holiday. I quadrapled the dough recipe but only doubled the filling. It worked out, but I made the pastry a little thick because it was so good! I can't wait for everyone to try them. Thank you for posting this wonderful recipe.
I used pre-made pastry in mini muffin tins to make these tassies. Served them at a bridal shower and everyone enjoyed these. I used a dark corn syrup. Thanks for sharing.