Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These little tarts are the perfect size for a dessert tray or to bake more than one batch to send in a holiday basket of goodies. Everyone loves these!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt the butter in microwave.
- Place the frozen tart shells on a cookie sheet, sides touching. Chop your pecans (I use our mini food processor) and put a HEAPING tablespoon of chopped pecans into each tart shell, so that they come about halfway up the shell.
- Beat eggs in bowl. Gradually add in the sugar, flour and syrup, mixing well. Add the melted butter and vanilla and mix in well.
- Using tablespoon or small gravy ladle, spoon egg mixture over pecans in tart shells.
- Bake in preheated oven 40-45 minutes or until crust is browned. Tops will rise during cooking but will fall a little when cooling.
- When they are cooled a little, remove the tins from the tart shells (hold upside down in one hand and allow the tart to fall into the other hand - othewise, they may stick to the tins). If not using right away, when cooled these can be wrapped in foil or plastic wrap and frozen. They may be eaten right from the freezer or refrigerator, or reheated a tad in the microwave for those who prefer them warm.