Recipe by AZPARZYCH
This came from a magazine, not sure when or which one I got it from...
Top Review by LainieBug
Very yummy and rich squares. Only change I made was because I was 1/4 cup short of pecans, so I just made up the difference with chopped walnuts. Plan to add these to my holiday cookie trays this year. Made for Fall 2012 Pick A Chef.
- 3 cups unsifted flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3⁄4 cup softened butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups Karo light corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons vanilla
- 2 1⁄2 cups chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour 9x13 inch pan.
- Beat flour, sugar, butter and salt (all crust ingredients) in a large bowl on medium speed until crumbly (will be dry).
- Press firmly into 9x13 inch pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes—will be light to golden brown.
- Combine beaten eggs, sugar, light corn syrup, vanilla and pecans (all filling ingredients).
- Pour over baked crust, spreading evenly.
- Bake until filling is set; approximately 35-40 minutes.
- Cool completely and cut into bars.
- Store at room temperature.