Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This came from a magazine, not sure when or which one I got it from...
- 3 cups unsifted flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3⁄4 cup softened butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups Karo light corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons vanilla
- 2 1⁄2 cups chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour 9x13 inch pan.
- Beat flour, sugar, butter and salt (all crust ingredients) in a large bowl on medium speed until crumbly (will be dry).
- Press firmly into 9x13 inch pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes—will be light to golden brown.
- Combine beaten eggs, sugar, light corn syrup, vanilla and pecans (all filling ingredients).
- Pour over baked crust, spreading evenly.
- Bake until filling is set; approximately 35-40 minutes.
- Cool completely and cut into bars.
- Store at room temperature.
Very yummy and rich squares. Only change I made was because I was 1/4 cup short of pecans, so I just made up the difference with chopped walnuts. Plan to add these to my holiday cookie trays this year. Made for Fall 2012 Pick A Chef.
Very tasty square and, surprisingly, not too overly sweet despite all that sugar. Made for Everyday Holiday Tag. :)
Tasted great, but had some problems with the crust. It never got crumbly, remained kinda powdery but I baked it anyway. When I went to cut it it crumbled and flaked off. I think I'd add more butter or some sort of liquid to the crust part next time. The filling was great, quite tasty. All that said, they were still one of the first things gone from snack day. Thanks Azparzych! Made for PRMR