Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
quicker than pie, and just as tasty
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- Combine cake mix, melted butter and one egg in a bowl
- Beat on low until well mixed, about a minute.
- Reserve 2/3 cup of mixture for topping.
- Press rest into a greased 9 x 13 pan.
- Bake 325F for 15-20 minutes.
- Beat 3 eggs, reserved cake mix mixture, corn syrup, sugar and vanilla on low for 1 minute.
- Stir in pecans.
- Pour over cooled base.
- Bake 40-45 mins til set.
- Serve warm with ice cream or cool completely and cut into bars.
- NOTE: for optimum flavor, toast pecans on a baking sheet at 350 5-10 mins before adding.