Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1⁄2 cup unbleached flour
- 2 tablespoons pecans, Finely Chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons shortening or 3 tablespoons lard
- water, cold
- beans, Dried
- In a small mixing bowl stir together flour, chopped pecans and salt.
- Cut in shortening or lard till the pieces are the size of small peas.
- Sprinkle cold water over part of the mixture; gently toss with a fork.
- Push to side of bowl.
- Repeat till all is moistened.
- Form dough into a ball.
- On a lightly floured surface roll the ball into a 10-inch circle.
- Line a 7-inch pie plate or quiche dish with the pastry.
- Flute edge.
- Cover surface of pastry with clear plastic wrap.
- Spread dried beans atop the plastic wrap to a depth of 1 inch.
- Micro-cook, uncovered, on 70% power for 6 minutes, rotating the dish a half-turn every 2 minutes.
- Carefully lift plastic wrap and beans from pastry.
- Micro-cook, uncovered, on 70% power about 2 minutes or till pastry is dry.