1/1 Photo of Pecan Pie--No Corn Syrup
Judy in WA Chef #763912's Note:
Have long looked for a pecan pie recipe that doesn't contain corn syrup. Have tried several, and this rises to the top. It was submitted to AllRecipes by Elaine Helms. Not as cloyingly sweet as most pecan pies, and readily adaptable for personal preferences and modifications. I have listed her ingredients, then my substitutions for a lighter (lol) version that doesn't seem to sacrifice anything! Hope that you enjoy. If you start at the top of the ingredients (after crust) then you can blend them all in one bowl. I use a whisk, but you can use mixer just as well. With modifications this recipe will work well for a variety of specialty diets- diabetic, low carb, gluten free (use rice flour), omit crust altogether, vegetarian. Change flavors, nuts, add chocolate, coconut. Simply have fun!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (8 -9 inch) pie crusts
- 1/2 cup butter (smart balance)
- 1 cup brown sugar (Whey Low)
- 1/4 cup white sugar (whey low)
- 2 large eggs (1/2C egg substitute)
- 1 tablespoon milk or 1 tablespoon cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (2 tsp)
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup pecans
- 2 tablespoons rum (optional) or 2 tablespoons brandy (optional) or 2 tablespoons Bourbon (optional) or 2 tablespoons bailey's irish cream (optional)
- 1Heat oven to 350°F.
- 2Melt butter in micro-safe bowl.
- 3Blend in both sugars.
- 4Add eggs and beat in until foamy.
- 5Add milk and blend in well.
- 6Add vanilla (and alcohol if using).
- 7Add flour and blend completely.
- 8Beat together for about 1-2 minutes until sugar no longer grainy. (Test by pinching a little of the batter and rubbing between finger and thumb. If still grainy add another 1-2 tsp milk beating until sugars are dissolved).
- 9Stir in pecans until well coated. If energetic arrange pecans in nice pattern on top after pouring into pie crust.
- 10Pour into pie crust.
- 11Bake for 30-45 minutes depending on your oven. (I always cover crusts with crust protector or foil to avoid burning).
- 12Pie will be done when nuts appear browned and filling is rising. It will sink as filling cools.
- 13Enjoy alone or with cream or ice cream or :-).
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pecan Pie--No Corn Syrup
Serving Size: 1 (102 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 599.7
- Calories from Fat 350
- Total Fat 38.9 g
- Saturated Fat 13.6 g
- Cholesterol 103.0 mg
- Sodium 308.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 44.8 g
- Protein 5.8 g