Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Another recipe from my grandmother. She could not cook a main course to save her life (other than chop suey) but she could make wonderful desserts.
- 1 cup white corn syrup
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1⁄3 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs (beaten)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 prepared pie crust (I cheat on this part)
- Combine syrup, sugar, salt, butter, and vanilla. Mix well. Add slightly beaten eggs. Pour in pecans and fold into mixture.
- Put pie shell on a cookiing sheet in oven (to avoid spilling liquid going from counter to oven). Pour ingredients into shell. Bake in 350 degree pre-heated oven for 45 minutes. (keep cooking sheet under pie to avoid spilling over onto oven floor).
- **Note** My grandmother made her own pie crust but I just save time and buy the prepared ones. They are better then I can make.