Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Posted by request. Times are estimates.
Make and share this Pecan Pie Jelly recipe from Food.com.
- 4 cups finely chopped pecans
- 4 cups sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- Add all ingredients except for the vanilla to a large pan and stir over medium-high heat at a low boil until all ingredients have blended and turned a rich gold color.
- Continue cooking at a low boil, stirring constantly, for one minute longer.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Pour into hot jars leaving 1/2 inch headspace.
- Place on lids and bands and process in a boiling water bath for 30 minutes.
If you make this jelly be sure to add some karo syrup . It makes it a little better
This should not be canned, but frozen. The butter added will put you at a risk for botulism. Nothing with butter may be safely canned. Contact your extension office if you need more info.
I had to tweak the recipe to get the right consistency. I added an extra 1/2 cup of butter and 1/2 to 3/4 cup of water. Once I did that it was like eating the inside of a pecan pie. MMMMMMM I also found this recipe only made 5 - 1/2 pints instead of the 7-8 pints the recipe states.