Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This jam is unbelieveable on toasted english muffins!
- 5 cups chopped pecans (pecan pieces if buying bagged)
- 5 cups white sugar
- 5 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon almond extract
- 1⁄2 lb butter
- 5 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- In a large stainless steal or enamel pot melt the butter over medium heat, add sugars.
- Stir until sugars are melted and then add remaining ingredients, stirring frequently for around 10 minutes, or until jam reaches a golden color-you do not want the jam as dark as the pie filling.
- Ladle jam into steril hot jars leaving 1/2 inch head space, and process for 20 minutes for half pint jars in a boiling water bath, at altitudes up to 1000 feet.
- Check seals when cool.
- Keeps for up to 6 months-mine never makes it past 2, everyone eats it!
- **Thisrecipe makes"around" 4 cups, depending on the nuts, how they are chopped and if you have tamped the measuring cup down well.
I followed the directions but something went wrong recipe came out sticky and impossible to can.
O.K.-thats twice-I will run through this and re-check how I posted compared to how I have it written-Di
This recipe would be great if there were enough liquids.Please send corrections to firstname.lastname@example.org. Would really love to make this one. Sounds wonderful.Please post corrections as soon as possible.