Recipe by SusieQusie
A Pillsbury Bake-Off winner in some past year - a pecan pie mixture tops a cheesecake layer studded with crystallized ginger and it's all baked in a flaky crust.
Crust and Filling
- 1 (15 ounce) refrigerated pie crusts
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 3⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups pecan halves or 2 cups pecan pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- Prepare pie crust as directed on package for one-crust filled pie using a 9-inch glass pie pan or 9-inch deep dish glass pie pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla and 1 egg; beat at medium speed until smooth. Stir in ginger. Spoon and spread into crust.
- In a large bowl, combine flour and butter; mix well. Add brown sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla and 2 eggs; mix well. Stir in pecans.
- Spoon topping carefully over filling.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until center is set and crust is golden brown.
- Cool 1 hour then refrigerate for 2 hours or until thoroughly chilled.
- Store in refrigerator.