Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a delicious crust for cheesecakes or pudding pies. You may also use other kinds of nuts.
- 2 cups pecans
- 2 teaspoons melted butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- Place pecans in food processor; grind until fine.
- Add melted butter, brown sugar, vanilla and water.
- Continue processing till mixture begins falling off sides of bowl.
- Press into 9-inch pie pan.
- Bake at 325° for 20 minutes or microwave at full power for 6 minutes.
Delicious recipe and easy to make. We added a dash of cinnamon and filled it with blueberries.
This was actually pretty good! I wanted to make a lemon cream pie but had no graham crackers. The taste is different, but it's still quite good. I'll definitely keep this in mind when my celiac sister-in-law comes calling!
I used it instead of the included crust to make a box mix of lemon squares gluten free. Excellent!