Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is not as heavy or rich as the standard pecan pie my grandmother makes.This "pecan pie" is deliciously caught somewhere between a torte and a pie, and it is fabulous!
- Beat the egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add the sugar, beating until stiff peaks form.
- Combine the graham crackers, pecans,and baking powder and fold into the egg whites.
- Pour this into a well greased 9 inch pie plate.
- Bake at 350 degrees F in center of oven for 30 minutes.
- After it cools thoroughly spread with cool whip and chill overnight.