Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is not as heavy or rich as the standard pecan pie my grandmother makes.This "pecan pie" is deliciously caught somewhere between a torte and a pie, and it is fabulous!
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup finely crushed graham cracker
- 1 cup finely crushed pecans
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 container Cool Whip
- Beat the egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add the sugar, beating until stiff peaks form.
- Combine the graham crackers, pecans,and baking powder and fold into the egg whites.
- Pour this into a well greased 9 inch pie plate.
- Bake at 350 degrees F in center of oven for 30 minutes.
- After it cools thoroughly spread with cool whip and chill overnight.