Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
Posted on Facebook by My Foodies
- 2 refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
- 2 1⁄2 cups light corn syrup
- 2 1⁄2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 6 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
- butter-flavored cooking spray
- 2 cups pecan halves
- Heat oven to 425°F. Grease 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with shortening or cooking spray. Remove 1 pie crust from pouch; unroll on work surface. Roll into 13x9-inch rectangle. Place crust in dish; trim edges to fit.
- In large bowl, stir corn syrup, brown sugar, butter, vanilla and eggs with wire whisk. Stir in chopped pecans. Spoon half of filling into crust-lined dish. Remove second pie crust from pouch; unroll on work surface. Roll into 13x9-inch rectangle. Place crust over filling; trim edges to fit. Spray crust with butter-flavor cooking spray.
- Bake 14 to 16 minutes or until browned. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F. Carefully spoon remaining filling over baked pastry; arrange pecan halves on top in decorative fashion. Bake 30 minutes longer or until set. Cool 20 minutes on cooling rack. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.